About Us Membership County History Lookup Research Links Contact UsSearchCalendar Home



(click any cemetery name to view  people buried there)
(for Plat Map, "Forbidden" page will show if no Plat Map is currently available for this cemetary)


    Greenwood Cemetary Armenia Just across the Juneau County line, south of Nekoosa. The first burial is in 1863. This served a farming community that was far from a Town or Village.
The land was originally owned of Thomas Joslin and in 1896 was sold to the Greenwood Cemetery Assn. for Two Dollars.
    Arpin City Arpin Southwest of Arpin on E and Pine Road Burials start in 1903.
    Evangelical Free Church Arpin Richfield Drive, west of Hwy 186 This was originally a Swedish community Church. In 1912 The church was organized and the first burial was Ivan Fredi in 1915.
    Immanuel Cemetery Arpin Oak and Butternut Roads This cemetery is located next to the Church. When it was started in 1900 lots were sold to members of the church for $2.00.
    Indian Bill Arpin Powers Bluff One of the two cemeteries at Powers Bluff, Indian Bill cemetery is located at the foot of the bluff, with John Ne Wee at the top. The burial grounds are grown over and difficult to find.
Powers Bluff is a popular winter recreational area.
    John Ne Wee Arpin Located Southeast of Marshfield, this is a historical Native Indian site, known as Skunk Hill to the Potawatomi, Winnebago, Ho-Chunk and Ojibway. There is no official listing of the persons buried here. The ones entered are from the 1924 History of Wood County and many do not have a registered death record.
    Greenwood Auburndale North Road, south of Auburndale The first burial is in 1887.
    Norwegian Lutheran Auburndale County M, south of County Y Burials began in 1889 through 1976.
    Old Saint Mary's Auburndale Yellowstone and North Roads Burials began in 1880 through 1911.
    Saint John's Lutheran Auburndale Shady Rd at Railroad Road This cemetery serves the Church and was started in 1879.
    Slidre Norwegian Auburndale Day Road, south of Mill Creek Dr. This cemetery started in 1907 and due to Families dying out, it was abandoned in 1980.
    St. Mary's Catholic Auburndale Hwy 10, behind Church This cemetery was started after the old site was abandoned.The first burial is in 1889.
    Trinty Cemetery Cameron Hwy 10 across from Half Mile Rd, south of Marshfield Trinity Lutheran was established in 1890.Burials from 1888-2013.
    Dexterville Dexter Hwy 54 west of Hwy 80 This cemetery holds many Native Americans. These Burials don't have stones to identify who is buried there.
First recorded burial was in 1865.
Grand Rapids
    Restlawn Grand Rapids Hwy 54 east of Wisconsin Rapids Restlawn Memorial Park Cemetery was established in June of 1958, with 31 acres and 1200 burial sites available immediately.
The cemetery is laid out with a garden setting in blocks.
    St. Johns Kellner Grant On Park Road, just east of Kellner This cemetery is just over the Portage Co. line and serves the German community in Kellner. The first burial was in 1865, just after the church was organized.
    Faith Reformed Hansen County C west of Vesper This cemetery was established in 1920 and burials are through
    St. Jame's Catholic Hansen Northwest of Vesper on Hwy 186. Burials starting in 1911 through 2012.
    St. John's Cemetery Hansen Elm Rd between Hwy 80 and Lincoln Rd The cemetery is still in service with burials starting in 1903.
    Trinty Lutheran Hansen West of Vesper on Grant Rd. Burials from 1905 through 2009.
    St. Michael's Catholic Hewitt County T, Village of Hewitt. First burial in 1852.
    Corpus Christi Catholic Lincoln Junction of B and BB (Bakerville) Burials in the Corpus Christi cemetery start in 1881 through 2008.
    Grace Lutheran Lincoln Hwy 10, just east of County V (Nasonville) Established in 1890 with burials from 1893 through 2009.
    Gate of Heaven Catholic Marshfield St Joseph Ave, city of Marshfield Gate of Heaven cemetery is located next to the Hillside Municipal cemetery.
The records for this cemetery have been added to the Marshfield City website at ci.marshfield.wi.us
    Hillside Municipal Marshfield St Joseph Ave, City of Marshfield Hillside is a city cemetery and was established in 1880. The city clerk has all of these records on the city's web page.
    Immanuel Hewitt Marshfield Yellowstone Rd at County T near Hewitt. The cemetery was established in 1890 in the Township of Marshfield.
    Immanuel Lutheran Marshfield St Joseph Ave, city of Marshfield This cemetery is on the City of Marshfield web site, in a searchable program.
go to ci.marshfield.wi.us
    Queen of Heaven Marshfield St Joseph Ave, city of Marshfield The cemetery stones for this cemetery were read in the early 1980's, and sometime after this Queen of Heaven was merged with Gate of Heaven. This is the listing of what was done early. The complete listing is on the Marshfield City web site.
    Amish Milladore 10008 Blueberry Rd, Town of Milladore. This is a private burial for the Amish community in the Town of Milladore. It is on the land belonging to the Menno Miller family.
    St. Killian's Catholic Milladore Blenker on Hwy 10 Burials from 1886 through 2011.
    St. Wenceslaus Catholic Milladore West Street north of Hwy 10 This cemetery serves the Church and was started in 1878.
    Union Protestant Milladore West Street north of Hwy 10 Union is a city cemetery, started in 1883.
    Riverside Nekoosa Prospect Ave ( Hwy 173) Originally this was two cemeteries, one for the Town and one for the Catholic Church. In 1960 the Village of Nekoosa took over the care of both.
    Sacred Heart Catholic Nekoosa Prospect Ave (Hwy 173) A cemetery for the Catholic Church until 1960 when the City took over the care and burials.
Port Edwards
    Civil War Grave Port Edwards In Village of Port Edwards, Near the Dam This is a single grave on the west bank of the Wisconsin River near the Nekoosa-Port Edwards Co. dam.
Jones was employed as a teamster for the John Edwards Sawmill, was unmarried and nicknamed 'Whiskey Jack'.
He had enlisted 3 Oct. 1861 and discharged 31 Oct, 1864, returning to Port Edwards after the War. There is no other death or burial information available.
    Port Edwards Municipal Port Edwards West of Port Edwards on Hwy 54, just west of the Junction with Hwy 73. This cemetery was established by the Village of Port Edwards in 1957. Some burials from other locations were moved here, making 1863 the earlist death date.
    Babcock Remington Hwy 80 just north of the Junction with Hwy 173 In 1888 Owen Brady of Remington donated 40 acres, 10 to the Catholic, 4 to Protestant and the remainder to the Town for the purpose of a cemetery.
In 1913, Rev. James Schwebach of the Catholic Church in Babcock, deeded their portion of the cemetery to the Town and in 1918 the Protestant Church released their claim also.
The Catholic portion is to the left of the entrance, and still being used. The hill to the back and south of the entrance is the oldest, with burials without markers.
    Bethel Richfield Bethel Road This cemetery was established in 1901 just south of the Village of Bethel. Poor codition with broken markers and unmarked graves.
    Brook Lawn Memorial Richfield Hwy 80 and Eisenhower Road Burials from 1939 through 2009.
    Richardson Plot Richfield Hwy 80 and Thompson Road A small family burial ground on the old Richardson farm, with no known markers.
Mrs. Richardson was the daughter of Capt. Taintor, and is buried with her two children.
    Town of Richfield Richfield Hwy 80 and County EE The first burial is from 1886 through 2010. Sometimes called Far View, this is a cemetery managed by the Township of Richfield.
    Progress Rock Progress Lane east of Eagle Road Small cemetery with burials in 1924-25.
    Rock Township Rock Eagle Road just south of Hwy 10 Established in 1860 with burials through 2008. Named for the Nason family who settled here in 1854.
    All Souls Rudolph Far North side of Rudolph Land was donated by Lillian Blonien in 1953 for the cemetery. Burials through 2013 indexed here.
    St. John's Lutheran Rudolph Meadowview Drive north of County P Burials from 1871 through 2012.
    St. Phillips Rudolph 5th Ave North Under the direction of Father Peter Parnin, This cemetery was established in 1878. Burials 1844 through 2007.
    Green Hill Saratoga County Z at Joslin Road This modern day cemetery was once called Elliott's Cemetery. It is well taken care of and has many old burials.
    Pattee Family Saratoga SE of Nekoosa on Ten Mile Creek, in Section 27. A sickness went through this family while the father was fighting in the Civil War, taking the lives of his young children.
    Pioneer Cemetery Saratoga Corner of Townline Rd and 48th St. S. The two early cemeteries were abandoned and burials moved because of flooding. The present cemetery is on land donated by Ole Einertson in 1888. The first burial in the new cemetery was that of Willie Peterson who drowned. There are still unknown graves on the north bank of the Five Mile Creek.
Burials 1880 through 2012
    Two single graves Saratoga Near Hwy 13 on Blue Ridge Rd, near Ten Mile Creek Two young children, whose families moved on.
    Anawash Indian Cemetery Seneca County Rd Q A private Native American cemetery with burials from 1952 - 1980.
    St. Joseph's Seneca County D north of Matthies Rd in Altdorf The first burial is in 1886, and still in use.
    Waub mee mee Seneca Behind the Brian Snowball home on Co. Rd. Q This is a private cemetery for the Snowball family, located on land provided by Brian Snowball. There is no public access to the cemetery or it's records.
    White Indian Cemetery Seneca County Hwy Q Native American with burials from 1918-1961. This served the large Native population in the Town of Seneca.
    Wood County Poor Farm Seneca North of Port Edwards on Seneca Rd This cemetery was used for the indigent. Most lived and was cared for by the County. Burials are form 1842 to 1948 when it was abandoned.
    Fairview Sherry Dairy Rd, South of Sherry. The earliest grave is that of Mrs. Lewis Jacques in 1901.
    Bethany Lutheran Sigel Corner of Swedish Rd and County C This cemetery is still in use and the first burial was in 1900.
    Christian Reform Sigel Tenpas Road, west of County F Burials starting 1878 through 2007
    First English Lutheran Sigel County S (formerly Bethesda) This cemetery was in use for thirty years, beginning in 1888 through 1916.
    Frid-Hem Sigel Northwest corner of Lundberg Road and County C Abandoned cemetery with two young men buried here.
    Gaulke Plot Sigel County Road HH Abandoned cemetery with burials from 1863-1893.
    Griesbach Sigel End of Brookwood Road north of Hwy 13 Abandoned cemetery with burials from 1880 to 1904.
    Holy Rosary Catholic Sigel Chapel Road North of Town Hall Road A cemetery serving the Church with burials starting in 1883.
    St. John's Sigel St. Johns Road and Fischer Road Burials 1871 through 2009.
    St. Paul's Lutheran Sigel Seneca Corners, south of intersection of Hwy 80 & Hwy 186 Burials start in 1886.
    Two Markers Sigel Corner of County S and Stone Road, along Sigel-Rudolph townline, on property of G. O'Keefe Burials in 1877 and 1879.
Twsp City Point
    City Point Twsp City Point North of Hwy 54,and three miles east of City Point. This stone was found in the woods probable near the farm where he lived at the time.
Wisconsin Rapids
    Calvary Cemetery Wisconsin Rapids Hwy 54, northeast of Wisconsin Rapids Joseph Wood donated 25 acres of land for a cemetery in 1874. The acreage was divided into two parcels, one to be used by the Catholic community and the remainder for the rest of the City of Wisconsin Rapids residents.
    Cruikshank Wisconsin Rapids Franklin St at 10th St North J.J. Cruikshank donated one acre of land to the City for a cemetery in 1849. It was abandoned by 1874 and burials were moved to Forest Hill. The first burial was a young man killed in a Saturday night fight in 1850.
This cemetery was used by all people of the area until 1874 and was so crowded the Sexton couldn't find an unoccupied spot. At that time Forest Hill had begun to be used.
    Forest Hill Wisconsin Rapids Hwy 54, northeast of Wisconsin Rapids Forest Hill is large and contains 13,000 Burials. It is adjacent to Calvary.
    Mound Wood In the Village of Pittsville, on Hwy 80 just south of Hwy 173. This site was better suited for the Cemetery and was started in 1880. The old cemetery was abandoned soon after.
    Old Founders Pittsville Wood 1st ave, west of Hwy 80, in Pittsville The first cemetery serving Pittsville. The first burial in 1871 through 1908.
    Shegonee Family Wood North off Grant Rd, on Woodlawn Lane, 1/2 mile east of County A. A Native cemetery with burials starting in 1967.
    St. Joachim's Catholic Wood Pittsville, just south of intersection of Hwy 173 & Hwy 80 In February of 1909, the City Council gave approval for St. Joachim's Catholic Congregation to establish a cemetery in Pittsville.

Copyright © 2006-2011 Heart O' Wisconsin Genealogical Society